Whitehouse Campus Updates
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Hebrews 10:23-25 (ESV)
Whitehouse CAMPUS COVID-19 UPDATES
We love our church family and this community and are dedicated to being a part of the solution and ending the spread of this virus. You can stay up-to-date with any changes made specifically to the Whitehouse Campus by visiting this page.
Your pastors and staff are committed to shepherding our congregation and equipping you to be the hands and feet of Jesus in these uncertain times. The process may look different in the coming days but the goal is the same: helping our community know Christ and live for Him.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Sunday Morning Ministries Reopening
Updated August 27, 9:30 AM
We are looking forward to reopening our Sunday Morning Ministries on September 20! Please read the information below carefully regarding new check-in procedures, continued safety precautions and more. If you have any questions, please email Clint Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday Morning Worship & Bible Study
We will continue to worship together at 10 AM (in-person or online). We will have Bible Study for all ages at 9 AM. Nursery (walkers only) and Preschool will meet at 10 AM.
Check-IN, Drop-Off, & Pick-Up
In order to maintain social distancing and safety, we have modified our check-in, drop-off, and pick-up procedures. All of our volunteers will be wearing masks. Please pray for our leaders and volunteers as we navigate this new process. We are SO looking forward to serving you and your children!
We are asking all families to check-in on their phones prior to arrival by texting the word “Check” to (903) 437-4437. We will have an outside check-in tent in the parking lot for any parents who forget to check in by phone. Simply pull up to the tent, stay in your car, and a volunteer will check you in! All name tags will be waiting for families on the table in the lobby.
Nursery: At this time we will only have the nursery open for our “walkers” age group. 1 parent per family, wearing a mask, will drop off their child(ren) off at the nursery desk in the lobby. Parents will wait in the designated area until a volunteer can take their child into the nursery. No parents will be allowed past the desk.
Preschool & Elementary: 1 parent per family, wearing a mask, will drop their child(ren) off at the bottom of the stairs. No parents will be allowed upstairs for drop-off.
Nursery: 1 parent per family, wearing a mask, will wait in the designated area until a volunteer can bring their child to them.
Preschool & Elementary: 1 parent per family, wearing a mask, should come upstairs and wait in the designated area. A volunteer will bring their child(ren) to them.
Contact & Attendance guidelines
In order to provide a safe envoirnment for our congregation, we, along with the Bethel Elders have approved the following guidelines:
Though masks are not required in order to attend, we strongly encourage everyone 6th grade and above to wear a mask. All volunteers will wear masks and we have adapted our classrooms for social distancing.
IF YOU OR AN IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID:
Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 are presumed contagious 2 days prior to the onset of symptoms or, in the case of an asymptomatic carrier, 2 days prior to a positive test.
- Anyone who tests positive or experiences COVID-19 symptoms within 2 days of attending church must let Clint Wright and Mark Kuykendall know immediately. Your name will remain anonymous.
- We will do our best to notify anyone who possibly came in close contact at church with a person or one of their immediate family members who tests positive. Again, your name will remain anonymous.
- Anyone who tests positive but has no symptoms is asked to stay home 10 days after their positive test.
- Anyone who has close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19 within the presumed contagious window will be asked to stay home for 14 days.
Anyone who tests positive or exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 must meet three criteria before returning to church:
- Fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medications.
- Resolution of all symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath, gastrointestinal).
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
An individual may return before completing the above criteria if they:
- Receive two separate confirmations at least 24 hours apart stating they are free of COVID-19 via acute infections test from an approved COVID-19 testing location.
- Or are cleared by a doctor based on an alternative diagnosis.
Close Contact with a person who tests positive is defined as:
- Being directly exposed to infectious secretions (e.g., being coughed on) while either person is not wearing a face covering.
- Or being within 6 feet for a cumulative duration of 15 minutes while either person is not wearing a face covering.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure and can include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
WORSHIP SERVICE RSVP Updated June 23, 11 AM
We are so excited to be gathering back together on Sundays! For the time being, registration is no longer required to attend a worship service. We will continue practicing social distancing for our Worship Services as well as rigorous cleaning before and after each service. Our sanctuary has been modified to meet the 6 foot social distance rule.
Please note: We will resume Sunday morning ministries on September 20, 2020. See details above.
May 8 Update: Re-Opening and More
Summer camp 2020 UPDATE Updated May 5, 10:45 AM
Due to the recent activity with the Coronavirus and for the safety of the students, volunteers and camp staff, Student Life Camp and MIX Camp have decided to cancel this year’s Summer Camp.
If you have any questions about camp, please email Casey Rivers at email@example.com.
Along with our in-person worship service, we will continue to livestream our Sunday Worship service at 10 AM Sunday. If you can’t make it for the livestream, no worries, you will still be able to watch afterwards!
How to watch Online
We will livestream our worship service via our Facebook Page using Facebook Live on Sunday at 10 AM. From there you can chat with other members, submit prayer requests or ask questions! You do not have to have a Facebook account to watch. If you’re having issues with Facebook, you can watch on our Vimeo account.
We will load each week’s sermon below so you can watch even after Livestream has ended! We love to see you and and your family gathered to worship online! Make sure to tag us on Instagram and Facebook while you’re watching the sermon!
We know many of our members have children who also enjoy being part of church every Sunday! We have created a Parent Resources Page with our current Sunday Morning curriculum where you can watch each week’s lesson and download discussion questions to do as a family!
You can also text “Parent” to (903) 437-4437 to access this page on your phone.
As things continue to evolve or change with the Coronavirus, we know that affects you and how you connect with your campus family. Here are some ways we think will help you stay connected with each other and build community during this season!
online life groups
In the last few weeks, we have seen a tremendous change in our world. Many of you have built an amazing community here at Bethel Whitehouse, and we want to encourage you to continue meeting with one another. Though this may look different for the time being, we can still be part of the mission of Growing Communities.
- Choose a platform.
- Choose a “curriculum”
- Talk about the sermon from Sunday
- Or choose a book/verse in the Bible to discuss as a group
- Outline for meeting online
- Welcome everyone to the group! Build some buffer time for those who may be joining in late.
- Icebreakers are great to kick off the meeting! Also, let people know the features such as the mute and unmute in your online meeting.
- Share Prayer Requests: this a great time to pray with one another and share with each other.
- End your time together with prayer.
- Tech Tips for Online Life Group
- Make sure you have enough light. Have the light in your house shining on your face and not behind you.
- Select a quiet place in your house (avoid turning on the dishwasher or washer/dryer right before group time)
- If you’re using your laptop, make sure it is angled correctly. Use books to elevate your laptop
- If you’re leading the meeting, make sure to log in to your meeting software ahead of time. Knowing how to adjust your mic/camera will save you from awkward pauses and it helps out your group members as well!
This is a great time to continue building your community, invite others to join your Life Group and encourage one another in this season!
How you can help
Bethel COVID Volunteer Team
We have put together a sign up for those interested in serving our community. Service opportunities include:
- Picking up groceries/medicine (and leaving on their doorstep)
- A friendly phone call
- Providing someone with urgent supplies
- Helping run errands
- Praying with someone on the phone
To sign up to serve, simply text the word “Serve” to (903) 437-4437 or click here.
Love Your Neighbor Cards
Below you can click the link to download printable cards you can give to your neighbors. On each card your neighbor can check-off ways they may need help during this time.
This is a great and tangible way to love on those around us! If you have children, encourage them to write a note to go with the card to your neighbor or draw a fun picture!
Click here to download a set of Love Your Neighbor Cards!
If you or someone you know has been affected by COVID-19, we would love to help the best way we can. We created a sign up for those who may be in need during this time.
We know it is hard to leave your house for daily routines like picking up groceries, medicine, or you need help with a chore or errand. We also know that it gets lonely or you need prayer so we created this sign up to help you!